Monday, June 4, 2012

Coogee cocoon

It was a very cool and wet weekend in Sydney so apart from a few hours of retail therapy at Bondi Junction it was a perfect weekend for cocooning in Sydney, catching up with The West Wing series 4, the growing Gourmet Traveller collection and my excellent new book for Reconciliation Week Am I Black Enough For You (Dr Anita Heiss).


A lovely highlight was dinner last night at our favourite local restaurant, Barzura, beautifully located opposite the southern end of Coogee Beach. I loved my butterfly spatchcock with Moorish spices, pearl couscous and cucumber yoghurt. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.


Rob stuck with his usual Barzura pasta dish and found his Spaghetti marinara with prawns, calamari, fish, mussels, scallops and tomato sauce absolutely delicious. We also had a glass of a 2010 Petaluma Hundred line Cab Sauvignon, from Coonawarra. A wine we want much more of in the future!


I am toying with the idea of using some of my Coogee photos for something - not sure what yet! 
     

Or...



         

No comments: