Sunday, October 5, 2014

Agung Rai

This is how we started the day today at Cendana – followed by fresh fruit and juice and a few other breakfast goodies in the pavilion overlooking the pool – and no French hikers to battle with this morning!



On our last day in Ubud we took ourselves for a leisurely visit to the beautiful Agung Rai Museum of Art in nearby Pengosekan– my second visit this holiday and today we were lucky enough to meet the man himself (Agung Rai - HRH as Judy has dubbed him).  I am certain he recognised me, with his lovely warm greeting in the garden (nobody laugh please).

We had time to explore the beautiful gardens of Agung Rai’s Kokohan Resort adjoining ARMA and Sophie was good enough to let me enhance my photos with her gorgeous presence!





We had a good long look at the gallery of traditional Balinese painting – one of the best in Indonesia and then enjoyed looking at the works in the Contemporary gallery too, including works by Donald Friend and Walter Spies.



We had time for a leisurely lunch in the gorgeous ARMA Café where Judy and I struck gold with our dish of smoked chicken with coconut sauce and wrapped rice – yum!

No comments: