Monday, March 23, 2009

I want

Last week Ella combined a very powerful noun and verb in her rapidly expanding vocabulary: I want....... Such a powerful way to start negotiations! Angie was impressed to have such a worthy sparring partner - about toy ownership time, whether to dance to Pink or Michael Jackson, who gets the red rolling pin for the playdough.



Remove Formatting from selection

Rob and I went to the movies today (on a Monday if you please!). In the last two weeks we've been to see Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino, Oliver Stone's W, Noel Coward's Easy Virtue and The Reader (today) - all wonderful films.

I've read Don Watson's American Journeys, The Havana Mob and Barack Obama's Dreams from My Father already this year, so after watching Gran Torino, W, and revisiting the early 60s film version of To Kill a Mockingbird on DVD, I'm feeling quite steeped in American socio-political culture.........my, how far they have travelled!

1 comment:

davey said...

I loved Gran Torino too Jude, and have just had a friend tell me that I must read 'Dreams from My Father'. Will get onto it asap!