Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ella's New Year resolutions

Hmm..this will take some thought........
1. Make sure my smiles are big enough to show off my perfect teeth: 4 so far with two more coming (on either side of the bottom two front teeth). I like looking after my teeth too; my baby toothbrush is one of my favourite things. I find lots of uses for it!

2. I can clap hands sideways, front ways, upside down, with mummy and on my own, and sometimes on request. I must keep this trick in my repertoire.
3. Find a way of keeping this dummy on call. Thank goodness I can at least put the thing in now when I find it!
4. I'm 8 kilos now, but my cousin Charlotte is catching me up. I must find a way to keep ahead of her!

5. Mummy is definitely my favourite person in the whole wide world (with daddy a close second) so people shouldn't feel hurt when I'm not prepared to leave my mummy and daddy just yet!

6. Making New Year resolutions is a serious business when you are only 7 and a half months old. I think I'll just go back to investigating (by mouth) all the beautiful toys in my playroom (with my mummy and daddy), rolling around the floor and pulling myself up in the sitting position which I can hold so easily now, and just let 2008 happen!

2 comments:

davey said...

New Years resolutions, that don't revolve around the sticking of things in ones mouth, confuse me. I'm unable to grasp why people take an socially imposed arbitrary time of the year to change their maniacal ways. Considering it's coming off the back of a months eating and drinking, momentum theory would have us think it to be that much harder at this time anyway.

No more of that for me Jude. Instead, I'm going to start making mid year resolutions. Benefits include being able to procrastinate for 6 months while still sounding somewhat legitimate.

Furthermore, when you inevitably break every half-hearted promise to yourself around July, early Christmas advertising will be sufficiently distracting enough for no-one to notice.

ps: Ella looks hella cute. x

Judy P said...

Great to get your comment Davey as always. Your last few blog posts have been hilarious. Isn't it interesting that all your commentators seem to be female?